Albany Park is represented by three Aldermen in the City Council; two Commissioners on the Cook County Board; three Representatives and three Senators in the Illinois General Assembly; and two Representatives and two Senators in the US Congress.
It can be difficult to know where to begin when you have a question, concern, or request that involves a local government office. Here are some common requests or services our different government officials can provide support or referrals to the appropriate government departments and programs.
- Requests or concerns about parking and vehicle issues
- Requests or concerns about graffiti, abandoned buildings, noise and nuisance
- Questions about Landlord/Tenant Ordinance and Heat Ordinance
- Streets and Sanitation requests involving, garbage pick-up, tree trimming, street sweeping, rodent control and sidewalk issues
- Forms and Permits for garage sales, block parties, parades and athletic events
- No Parking/Loading Zone Parking requests for business or residential contractor work
- Assistance to businesses interested in doing business in the ward
- Assistance for residential or business zoning changes on properties in the ward
Cook County Commissioner
- Property Tax Assistance
- Forest Preserve Picnic and Special Event Permits, Camping Site Applications
- Questions or concerns about Cook County Department of Public Health
- Questions or concerns about Cook County Department of Corrections and Juvenile Detention Center
- Questions or concerns about Forest Preserve District, including Brookfield Zoo and Chicago Botanic Gardens
Illinois State Representative and State Senator
- Assistance with an Illinois State Agency
- Requests for Capitol Tours
- Questions or concerns on public school funding
- Questions or concerns on MAP grant for higher-education funding
- Questions about Veteran resources
The following elected officials represent the members of Albany Park Neighbors. Wards and Districts with an asterisk after them(*) represent the majority of our community. To learn who your local, county, state and national representatives are, check www.chicagoelections.com.
Commissioner John Fritchey
118 N. Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60602